Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Remembering that feeling you had from your first Main Stage Production

Though it feels like forever, I have only been part of Random Farms Kids Theater for one year. We found RFKT on line and saw they were having auditions for The Music Man. I had no idea that I would be auditioning for their big theater program when I had never done the workshops or even a lesson there. My sister and I knew that we wanted to find a program that would inspire us and teach us everything we loved about theater.

I rehearsed and rehearsed the lines and the sang the song, “Wells Fargo Wagon” hundreds of times and wanted more than anything to get cast in the show. When the cast list came out and I saw my name, I was so excited because I knew this would be a huge challenge. I was nervous and excited to begin rehearsals. So many things happened that I never expected and that was how much fun I had and how many friends I met. I always loved going to rehearsals and learning new skills and techniques. I learned so much not only from the directors but also from my cast. Tech week was great but there is nothing quite like the feeling of getting on stage and being a part of a production you put your heart into.


Being a part of that show was so much fun and I met so many great people. There will always be a bond with the friends I made during The Music Man. I would have to say that starting my experience at RFKT with jumping into a Main Stage was nerve racking, exciting, exhilarating, amazing and the best time I’ve ever had.  There is a lot of work, effort and commitment needed to be a part of a Main Stage production and it is so worth it.

No comments: