Monday, September 15, 2014

On The Edge

Fall is just around the corner, and that means a busy season at Random Farms. Fall workshops kicked off last week, and the Edge production (an annual show at RFKT performed by high school and college students) has just begun its exciting process. This fall, the Edge is putting on a production of Urinetown.
Auditions took place last Monday and Friday. Many talented performers hailing from around the Tri-state area attended with smiling faces and sheet music in their hands; all hoping to have the chance to be a part of the cast.
Kyle Morales, age 16, was very excited to have the opportunity to audition: “Last year I participated in my first Edge production at RFKT and I had a blast”, he told me, “I had a great time learning challenging music and dances while making amazing friends along the way. I hope I get the opportunity to make new memories with this hilarious show!”
Rachel Stamberg (pictured on the right) was also excited about auditioning: “Seeing friends at the auditions just made me that much more excited for the show!” A callback list was posted soon after the auditions, listing the actors who the creative team wanted to see perform additional material and potentially be cast as principal roles in the production. The callbacks went well; and the cast list will be posted on the Random Farms website (www.randomfarms.com) this coming Wednesday, September 17th. Good luck to all who auditioned, and stay tuned for more updates when the rehearsal process begins!

No comments: