Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Getting The Role You Didn’t Want

Being a part of Random Farms Kids Theater has taught me so much and even things I didn’t expect. To be honest, every kid wants that leading role. But what happens when you get the role you didn’t want or even worse, not getting cast at all? That happens and it happened to me. At first I felt disappointed as I did everything possible to show the directors in the auditions I deserved that leading role. Could I have quit and walked away? Sure, but I didn’t because in every role you learn something you didn’t know before. That is what happens at Random Farms Kids Theater. 

If I let myself stay down and disappointed I would have never got to play a person from the early 1900’s or a mom of a bratty kid from the 70’s or even a Newsie paperboy. In every role, you learn something new. Even if you aren’t cast, there is something to learn or to try harder for next time.  Here at Random Farms Kids Theater, they taught me a lot more that just theater. It’s never giving up and throwing in the towel because you are disappointed with a role you were given. It’s all in the way you look at it. There is something to learn in every single role you get and what you put into it makes all the difference. 


You may not always get the role you want but it may be the role you need.


No comments: