Sunday, January 4, 2015

Kids For a Cause Hits the Road



KIDS FOR A CAUSE HIT THE ROAD!

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope your holidays were just as special as mine. December was a special month for me.  I celebrated my cousin Samantha’s
Bat mitzvah in L.A and I participated for the first time in Kids For a Cause.  Kids For a Cause is a program that brings shows to different places from our community, where people do not have the chance to go to a show. Sometimes these people do not have money to buy a ticket, they can’t move easily because of physical restrictions or they can’t actually stay seated at a theatre for long. I decided to audition for Kids For a Cause because I wanted to help someone to have a better day, by doing what I like the most: singing and dancing.

On my first show I was a little nervous because I didn’t know how the audience was going to react. But I found out that they really liked to have us there and it was very welcoming. After the show we had a meet and greet time. That is when we talk to the audience and they get to ask questions and talk to us.

Our first performance was at a homeless shelter. The kids there were very shy at first, but they paid attention and were really fun to talk to. They all said they loved the show and I could hear some of them singing along with us. I loved to see that big smile spread across their face. We also brought treats and we all celebrated together after the show.
The second show was at a rehabilitation center for children. The kids could not speak and had a different way to talk. They communicated by making sounds and movements, they clapped and it was easy to understand what they wanted to say. I was happy to be able to help them to have a fun day.
Our last show was at a senior home and this was my favorite. The seniors were super nice and I could see the performance brought them memories by the way they sang along and by their comments after the show. Some of them told me they used to love to sing those songs when they were young. It was such a happy afternoon!

 Kids For a Cause is also about making new friends and learning to sing in a group. I loved my group because we were always there to help each other. If you forgot something you knew that someone was always there to help. We all like the same things, like performing, so we chatted a lot.
My favorite part of participating at Kids for a Cause was to see the smile on people’s faces every time a note came out of my mouth. ! I will never forget my first Kids for a Cause tour.







No comments: