Sunday, November 16, 2014

My First Edge Production


    I have been performing with Random Farms since I was in first grade and I have always had a lot of fun. I was really excited this year because I was old enough to be in my first Edge production. The Edge production this year is the hilarious show “Urinetown”. On the first day of rehearsal I was really nervous because I didn’t know many people in the cast. I knew that a lot of the people were probably going to be older than me and I found that intimidating. But everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, we even went around the room during dinner break saying our names and a fun fact about ourselves. By the end of the first rehearsal everyone was friends.
   

  I expected the music to be more challenging in an Edge production and I wondered how I would handle it. We are broken up into different voice parts to learn different harmonies. There are not that many people in each voice part so you really need to know your harmony in order for it to work. Although this is challenging, Chip (The music director) will always help you and go over your voice part, he even posts the music for us to practice. I am having a lot of fun challenging myself with the harmonies of this music. 
    
     During the dinner breaks we usually sit in a huge circle and talk about school, theatre and past productions we were in. One of the most recent things we talked about was doing a secret Santa with everyone in the cast. I think it is great how everyone in the cast is friends and everyone is always included in everything we do.

No comments: